It’s no secret around here than I have a love affair with chocolate. I love chocolate in pretty much any shape or form. No-bake cookies are some of my favorites when it comes to chocolate in cookies though. And really, why wouldn’t you love a cookie that you don’t have to spend the better part of an hour baking? With Easter coming up and Spring trying it’s darnedest to put Old Man Winter aside, I thought I’d make some fun, no-bake Easter treats. Chocolate always makes me happy, especially when you add Cadbury mini eggs to the mix too. I am pretty much floating on clouds, or in a river of chocolate. Either one sounds nice…
NO-BAKE EASTER TREATS
BIRD’S NEST COOKIES
Serves: About 12 cookies
- 1 cube butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cups milk
- 6 Tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy, your choice)
- 3 cups quick oats
- Peeps Marshmallow Chicks (I used yellow, but blue ones would be really pretty too!)
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, sugar, milk, cocoa, and salt together. Bring to a roiling boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and mix until peanut butter is thoroughly combined.
- Stir in quick oats a cup at a time. Mix until evenly coated by the chocolate mixture.
- Drop approximately 2 inch balls onto wax paper. Let cool to the touch and then use your fingers to poke down the middle and shape the cookies into a nest shape. You don't want perfect, nests are messy! The less you can touch the cookies the better. Place Cadbury Mini Eggs in the nests and top with a Peep Chick
- Let the cookies cool and set completely, usually between 1 and 2 hours. Serve.
I think these no bake Easter treats would be super fun (and edible!) table decor or place cards for your big Easter Sunday meal. Tie a small piece of paper around the Bird’s neck with the seating assignments written on it. Cute and delicious!