Looking for a romantic gift idea for the sweetie in your life? Or need a special date night that won’t mess with the budget? A good, at home spa date night will leave you and your sweetheart feeling relaxed, reconnected and rejuvenated. Put together a simple and super effective Massage Kit – complete with massage coupons, lotions, oils, hot stones and all good things massage – for a night you and your sweetie will enjoy!
RECONNECT WITHOUT LEAVING HOME
Life gets crazy sometimes, am I right? I’m a huge believer in “date night”, but I’ve honestly don’t remember the last time I went on an actual date with my husband. Between work, kids, church, chores, errands and all the other things that make up life it can be hard to fit everything in. And, if your budget is tight, it can complicate things in a whole new way. Finding a sitter for starters, right?
But, reconnecting with your dream boat doesn’t have to cost a lot. And it doesn’t have to take a lot of time either! You probably have all the things you need to put together a spa date night and massage kit already. And, trust me, you’ll both be thankful for the pampering and quality time. And you don’t even have to leave home.
IS A SPA DATE NIGHT WORTH IT?
A spa day with lots of fancy treatments sounds nice, but the small detail of wandering around in nothing but a robe with strangers touching me gives me second thoughts. And spas are expensive. But, I can get behind doing that with, and for, my husband. Especially if it doesn’t cost a week’s paycheck.
Is an at home spa night something you’d enjoy? Are you:
- looking for a romantic gift idea for the sweetie in your life?
- in need of a special date night that won’t mess up the budget?
- wanting to reconnect with your sweetheart without leaving home?
Then YES! This is the perfect date for you! Because it’s simple to organize, easy to do, it doesn’t cost a lot and you don’t need a sitter for the kids. Quality time to pamper and reconnect with your special sweetie. Who wouldn’t want that?
THE PERFECT GIFT: AN AT HOME SPA DATE NIGHT AS A GIFT
An at home spa date night makes a great gift. A massage kit with some great coupons (who doesn’t love to cash in a coupon?) and some massage basics are the perfect tangible gift. Pair it with a scheduled night to get to use those coupons and the goodies in the kit, and you’ve got a romantic gift you’ll both look forward to using!
CREATE THE PERFECT AT HOME SPA DATE NIGHT
Whether you decide to give the spa kit and massage coupons as a gift and do the date night later or whether you choose to plan a whole special spa date night, just remember to focus on your sweetheart. Relax, reconnect and rejuvenate each other because that’s what this whole thing is about!
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR SPA DATE NIGHT KIT:
- Massage Coupons your sweetie will love. You can grab the coupons I used in my massage kit from my Etsy shop. There’s even an editable PDF file you can use to create your own coupons super easy.
- Comfy bath robes (my favorite women’s robe | my favorite men’s robe)
- Favorite body butter or body lotion (my favorite hand repair cream and it smells like cake!)
- Favorite massage oil or personal lubricant (I personally prefer lube and recommend this brand of lubricant. It’s smooth, not greasy and safe for all body parts, if things get carried away during your massages…)
- Favorite sparkling beverage and chocolates
- Relaxing music – I like this Spotify playlist
- Smooth stones. You can get a small bag of decorative stones at Dollar Tree and they work great so grab a bag of those next time you’re there!
- Rice bag or heating pad to warm up your stones or relax tense muscles.
- Massage tools – this is totally optional and definitely not a must-have for a successful evening.
- Favorite bath salts or bath bombs or make your own (My DIY Bath and Body Recipes Pinterest Board has some great ideas so come check those out and follow me while you’re there!)
- Favorite bubble bath
GATHERING TOGETHER YOUR SPA DATE NIGHT KIT
Step #1 – Make any DIY products if you’re going to do that. Or rummage through your body care
stash and see what you can use that you already have because free is the best price, right? But, if you need to make any purchases, now is the time to do it. Just remember, simplicity is good too. This is all about your time together!
DESIGNING YOUR MASSAGE COUPONS
Step #2 – Make your massage coupons. While you definitely don’t HAVE to include any coupons, it would be fun to know that this isn’t necessarily a one-time deal. My husband and I have a deal that once one of us redeems the coupon I used Photoshop but you can make them with whatever you’d like. Open your favorite word processing program, image editing software or go old-school and grab some paper and pens.
Some ideas for your coupons:
- scalp and neck massage
- back massage
- foot massage (with or without a hot water soak)
- hot stone massage (if you do this one, keep it safe. We use a small rice bag heated in the microwave and sandwiched over our rocks for a couple minutes to warm them. This is perfect because we can easily keep and eye on them and make sure they aren’t too hot. And, remember, different parts of the body have different heat sensitivities.)
- hydro-massage (hot shower or tub, especially nice if you have a shower head with a wand and adjustable pressure settings)
- full body massage
If you don’t want to bother with making your own, don’t forget you can get a copy of the massage coupons I designed in my Etsy Shop, along with the editable PDF file that will let you design your own really quick.
I also included an “exclusive members” coupon that pulls out all the big spa-like treatments. Hot soak in a bubble bath with bubbly beverage, full body massage with lotions and oils, facial, his choice of other massage technique. Something super special for after a rough day… or week.
YOUR SPA DATE NIGHT KIT IS ALMOST READY TO GO!
Step #3 – Gather your massage goodies and put them in a basket or other container so everything is together and neat.
If you’re going to give them as a gift, you can dress them up fancy with a bow. If you’re going to use them as a date night, you can just use the basket so everything is in one place.
Cue up your music, put your bubbly beverage on ice (or in the fridge) and let the romancin’ begin!
A NIGHT TO RELAX, RECONNECT AND REJUVENATE WITH YOUR SWEETHEART
Remember, it doesn’t have to be a crazy grand gesture that takes a lot of time and planning and supplies. Your at home spa date night should be about reconnecting with your dream boat so .
Keep it simple. Make sure you reciprocate equally. And enjoy each other.
Relax. Reconnect. Rejuvenate. And you don’t even have to leave home.