We don’t do big Valentine’s Day outing plans, because our anniversary is 6 days before, but we still like to do a little something. We like to spend time together and that’s usually the gift we try to give each other. We’ve also been together for (almost) 8 years. While things are still amazing, we like to spice things up from time to time. Something along the lines of intimacy we actually make time for, not a quick encounter we squeezed between homework and dinner preparations or as we’re both tired and crawling zombie-like into bed. Truth or Dare: Couple’s Edition is the little game I came up with for us to play this Valentine’s Day.
TRUTH OR DARE: COUPLE’S EDITION
The preparation on this is incredibly simple. You just have to print and cut. Seriously, that’s all there is to it.
– Truth or Dare Download Cards (Disclaimer: You’ll have to click through the link to see the cards. Given the intimate nature of some of them, I haven’t included a photo of them in this post. If you want to check them out, just click the link.)
– Paper Cutter or Scissors
– Download the game cards and save the file to your computer.
– Print the Truth or Dare Cards. The link above is to the trial pack of cards. You’ll get 16 cards to try out the game with. If you like it, you can get the full game from my Etsy shop. Not all the cards you see in the photos are included in the free download.
You’ll want to print the cards double sided; and, if you can print them on card stock, that’ll be even better. My printer has a two-side print setting, which eliminates the guess work of re-orienting the paper in the tray to print the back side. If you have that feature, use it! It’ll be so much easier for you!
If you don’t want to print the cards at home, you can have them printed locally almost anywhere you can make copies – I’m thinking office supply and copy stores. After you download the file to your computer you can upload it to whatever site you decide to get it printed from.
– Cut the cards apart with a paper cutter or scissors.
You are now ready to play!
PLAYING TRUTH OR DARE: COUPLE’S EDITION
If you’ve never played Truth or Dare before, here’s the rules. One player draws a card and asks the other player “truth or dare?” The other player chooses if they would like to answer a question in total honesty or perform a dare. The first player reads which ever option the second player chose. The second player then answers the question or performs the dare. Then players switch roles and the second player draws a card and asks “truth or dare?” and play repeats as many times as you want.
Some helpful tips for a game you’ll both enjoy:
– This is something you’re gonna want to set aside some time for. It could be some good organized foreplay.
– Stop whenever you want… to finish other things. The idea is to spend some one-on-one with your sweetie.
– The only change to the original rules I would make would be to encourage you to look through the cards and make sure you’re both comfortable with everything. In the original rules, truths are usually embarrassing and dares are usually embarrassing and/or dangerous. The bedroom is not the place to try to embarrass your partner. Make sure you both feel comfortable with the game or it won’t be enjoyable!
WANT MORE TRUTH OR DARE: COUPLE’S EDITION?
If you want more dares and more questions, I have an expanded version of the game in my Etsy shop. There is a blank template included so you can write in your own questions and dares to make the game totally your own. There’s even a box you can put together to store your game in. So, if you’re looking for a quick and super easy gift idea, check out my TRUTH OR DARE: COUPLE’S EDITION in my Etsy shop.