Spring is here! Well, sort of. It snowed yesterday, but it was all gone by about noon. Admittedly, it’s not terribly unusual for our weather to be confused this time of year. But it is starting to warm up! And that means play dates, park visits, splash pad trips and other fun days out of the house! There are just some things that make getting out and about in the gorgeous weather a whole lot easier, especially when you’re toting three mischievous little boys along. The first three items I keep in my car so they are ready to go when we are. It makes it super easy to have them ready and waiting in the car. Less for me to remember, less for me to load and less for me to forget. The last three items are ones that I have gotten in the habit of taking with me (usually) and not a part of our out-the-door routine.
My Momma Must-Have
1. Blanket. Impromptu picnics, baby’s napping unexpectedly, makeshift shade at the park when all the covered tables and tree shade spots are taken. We use our ‘car blanket’ for all kinds of things. It’s been a lifesaver on more than one occasion. If it gets dirty, we take it out and replace it immediately with a new one. If I don’t get it laundered right away, it’s not a big deal and I don’t have to worry about getting it back out to the car.
2. Book or a magazine. I love reading, especially in the warm sunshine. Books are a must have springtime accessory for me. I never know when I’ll get a few minutes to sit and read. Some times, it’s just in the pickup line after school. Some times, on rare and glorious occasions, one or two boys will fall asleep and I’ll sit in the car while Daddy runs into the store. With e-books being so popular, I often take actual books along with me in that format, but I like to look at printed versions of magazines. I tend to be able to find a spare moment or two more often in the car than at home.
3. Car-friendly toys. More outings means more time in the car. Being strapped in a car seat is hard for little ones that want nothing more than to climb and run and explore. I keep a little container with some toys and books in our car. We call it The Car Box. The toys are played with in the car only. They are returned to the box every time we get out of the car or they don’t come out the next time. It helps keep the peace at that ridiculously long stop light.
4. Water. When you’re out running around or playing, it can be all too easy to forget to keep up your intake of fluids, especially water. My boys don’t love the taste of water and getting them to drink can be tricky. But, it is so important to keep everyone hydrated! I take my water bottle (because I will almost inevitably end up sharing) as well as extra bottles to refill mine and to give my kids. We keep straws in the glove compartment.
5. Sun block. There is nothing worse than a sunburn, expect maybe sunburned kids. In the rush to get out the door, I have forgotten sun block too many times. I keep a small travel-size tube in my purse and one in the diaper bag, just in case. A momma on the go needs and wants to protect her babies. Sun block can help keep your kids skin healthy and it will save you a few painful days too.
6. Cell Phone. Of all the things there are to grab on your way out the door this is my number one, must-have momma springtime accessories to make every outing a success. My phone is much more than just a phone. It’s my alerts and reminders, my camera, my connection to other adults. It’s a very important part of my arsenal. I try to be very conscious of being in the moment, but I don’t know what I would do without my phone.
The NEW Motorola DROID Turbo in Sapphire Blue has some momma must-have features. An amazing display and a powerhouse processor can handle all the photos you can snap and post to all your social media at the same time. Don’t forget to send those ice cream-covered faces to grandma in a text or email. With 48 hours of battery life, you can do it all. Oh, no! Little Jenny has a dance recital or Little Jimmy has a t-ball game and your battery is running a little low? Charge the DROID Turbo for 15 minutes with the Motorola Turbo charger and you’ll add eight, EIGHT more hours to your battery life. Plenty to get those photos you don’t want to miss. The Turbo is made with a water-repellent nano-coating and Corning Gorilla Glass to help protect the device from spills and scratches. Premium ballistic nylon backs offer rich blue color and texture but remains lightweight and feels great in your hands. Protect your investment from those grimy kid-hands! The DROID Turbo Sapphire Blue has a distinctive look, is incredibly durable with a layer of Kevlar (that’s the stuff they put in safety gear for soldiers!) and the battery life is incredible. A definite must-have among the springtime accessories every momma needs!
What’s your Springtime Momma Must-Haves? Let me know in the comments!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.