I was provided with a free armband in order to try out this product. All content contained in this post is 100% original, mine and honest. Cross my heart.
I’m gonna let you in on a little secret: I use an armband all the time. Also, I am NOT a runner. I don’t like running, I don’t look good when I run and, right now, I am so out of shape that I couldn’t run far enough to need an armband. We took a little hike, er walk…, last week while we were at the lake and I was sore for about four days afterward. The only time I’ll be running will be if I’m being chased by something that wants to kill me. And even then, I hope adrenaline will be enough to save me. But an armband is still one of my go-to little gadgets, even around the home. Here’s five ways to use your armband when you aren’t exercising.
5 WAYS TO USE AN ARMBAND
(that don’t involve exercise)
1. Use it while cleaning. This is the number one time I use my armband. I hate cleaning. I’m sure some of you can relate. I wish I loved to organize and clean like Monica Gellar, but it just isn’t so. But, I do love music and reading. Being able to carry my music and audio books with me as I move through the house is glorious and makes the cleaning tasks less tedious. I don’t have to turn the volume way up and risk waking sleeping kids. I don’t usually have my upper arms in grime and funk, even if my forearms are in the toilet bowl while I’m scrubbing on hard water deposits and unidentifiable boy gunk, which means that my phone is safely out of harm’s way. Most pockets on women’s clothing are not made to carry around a cell phone the size of mine and I used to always worry about it falling out. Not an issue anymore.
2. While I’m enjoying the great outdoors. This allows me to be hands-free for a multitude of tasks. Whether I’m refereeing the latest bicker of who gets to ride which bike or up to my forearms in soil in the garden, my phone is close at hand, but safely tucked away. I can use both hands to guide Little J on his bike, catch Baby N on the slide or pull those pesky weeds or squish the icky squash bugs. I can be involved in playing with my kids and accomplishing some of the yard work without having to worry that I will miss a call or other time-sensitive notification.
3. While I’m cooking. This is similar to cleaning. Cooking can be messy and I am forever forgetting which counter I left my phone on now. Whether I’m using it to look up a recipe, snap photos or checking Instagram while I wait the last 3 minutes the cookies need to bake, using my armband in the kitchen keeps my phone clean and I always know right where it is.
4. While driving. Let me clarify. No, I don’t use my phone while driving. This may be overkill for some, but I have notoriously bad habit of setting my phone in my lap while I drive. And then I forget that it’s there. When I get out of the car, guess what clatters to the pavement? Oh, just $500 dollars worth of technology, no big deal, right? With it in my armband, I don’t have to worry about remembering that it’s in my lap and it won’t tumble on the concrete when I forget. It’s safe and secure.
5. Shopping or out and about. This is just the next step to wearing my armband in the car… it’s already on, might as well leave it there, right? This has actually saved me a lot of unneccessary worry when it comes to where my phone is at any given time in the store. You’re probably thinking, just put it in a pocket on your purse or your diaper bag or on your person, right? I mentioned above that most of my clothing isn’t made to contain a cell phone the size of mine, so that’s not always an option. I don’t usually carry my bags around the store either, so that’s not an easy access point. I keep my shopping lists on my phone and need to be able to refer to it often and easily. Wearing the armband is super convenient for me. I typically turn it so the phone is between my arm and my body, just for a little extra security.
I had the chance to try out the i2 Gear Armband for Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, and S5. I have an s4 currently and it fit great. Mine is hot pink, but you can also get it in black if pink just isn’t your thing. I have used this specific armband for a month now. I love the way it fits. It fits around arms approximately 9 to 14.5 inches comfortably and this stays put, no sliding down. It also fits on your forearm, but my preference is around my bicep. I have a pretty thick case on my phone and it still fit into the armband well. It wasn’t sliding all around with out the case though either. The screen is fully accessible through the protective plastic and the jack ports are cut and positioned really well, putting no strain on my headphone cord. There is a small key slot, which would be nice if I were a runner. It will also hold a tube of lip balm, although the top does stick out, and that’s mainly what I use the slot for. I haven’t had any issues with it falling out. There is also a reflective band around the phone face on the armband and that’s nice when you’re out at night, also a great feature for the runners out there. It’s a great price and a very functional #samsungarmband.