We are always up for a good Mexi-American dish, so when we had some friends over a few weeks ago, and planned tacos for dinner, we were all over some fresh Mango Salsa (and Pico de Gallo, but I forgot to take photos of that, dang it). We have made mango salsa on a few occasions before; but this was, by far, the best so far.
– 2 large, ripe mangoes
– 1/2 large, purple onion
– 1 medium bunch of cilantro
– 1 large, red bell pepper
– 1 large, orange bell pepper
– 1 large, green bell pepper
– Juice from 1/2 of a medium lime (or approx 2-3 Tbsp lime juice)
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– Peel and dice the mangoes. Put them into a large bowl.
– Chop the onion. Add to the bowl. You can add more or less to taste and depending on the potency of your onion.
– Chop the cilantro and add it to the bowl.
– Seed and chop the bell peppers. Dice and add them to the bowl as well.
– Cut the lime into wedges and squeeze 1/2 of the lime wedges over the salsa.
– Stir the salsa until well mixed.
– Sprinkle the garlic powder over the salsa and mix well.
Chill and serve.