I don’t know about you, but gifting for the big guys in my life is the absolute HARDEST part of Christmas. It’s so hard to find something they want and will use. My dad doesn’t want anything, my husband has everything he wants (that we can afford) and my brother never asks for anything. The Emergency Car Kits I made my dad and hubby last year… yeah, my dad’s is still sitting on the steps at my parent’s house. That’ll be super helpful when he’s out in the middle of the desert somewhere, right?! But, I’m not bitter. Hahaha. And hubby’s… I don’t actually know what happened to it…
So, I scour the web for guy gifting ideas all year and that is my go-to pinterest board when Christmas and Father’s Day rolls around.
On my list of gifts for the guys this year:
1. The Utili-Key 6-in-1 Keychain Multi-Tool by Swiss+Tech. My husband gets one of these just about every year. He uses it so much, we have to replace it that often. These are great, they clip easily on a regular key chain for easy access and portability. The most common problem we have with these is that the clip at the top breaks, but they fit really well in the kitchen “gadget” drawer and in the glove box when Mom is looking for a screwdriver to take the pop-up toy apart because your three-year-old thought it would be cool to drop legos in there. Just sayin’… it works.
2. Custom USB Drive. How cool is this lego USB drive?! Too cool, right? It would appeal to both the geek and kid-at-heart in my husband. My student brother would probably get a kick out of it too… You can find the basic instructions HERE. Or a more detailed set HERE.
3. Get the kiddos involved with this Me & You Book. Each book is handmade and completely custom to your kiddos and their daddy. Every daddy would treasure this forever. At least, they should…
4. For the guy that likes to grill… I am LOVING this apron. My Hubby loves to grill. He doesn’t usually wear an apron, but it would be a fun little gag gift for him and I think it would still look awesome just hanging in our kitchen. We hang out in there a lot… he cooks more as much as I do. Unless I’m pregnant, them he cooks simply to survive. Head to I Heart Naptime for the tutorial on this apron. You could also use freezer paper and fabric paints…
5. And what better to go with that awesome apron than some homemade spice and rub mixes?! You can find the how-to from The Creative Maven over at Kojo Designs on this bad boy. Easy and useful. Definitely going on my list!
6. It’s only cool to dress like your daddy for so long… so, make the most of it. Any father would be proud to claim their little munchkin and having a shirt just like daddy’s is totally awesome… if you’re under the age of, oh say, five. Get a set at Zoey’s Attic Etsy shop for only $35!
7. What man doesn’t carry around a key chain? Give a little personalization to your man’s keys with a handstamped washer. Crafty, masculine and classy. I love it! Get the directions at Helping Little Hands.
8. What a cute idea! Find out how to make your own personalized cutting board over at Greene Acre’s Hobby Farm. P.S. you can get chopping blocks at IKEA for super cheap… if you’re lucky enough to live near one.
9. I made this for Mr Napping for Father’s Day. It’s one of the few things he has actually hung in his office at work. I had planned to use it on my gallery wall if he didn’t take it out there. He loved it though. Find the tutorial HERE or order yours HERE.
10. Whew! Ten whole things for guys! Wasn’t sure I could do it… Last, but not least is a date night kit. I’m a big believer in date night. If you don’t take the time to reconnect with your spouse everything is so much more tense and fights break out easier. At least that’s how it seems at our house. Not that we ever fight, right?! Ha, “yeah, right” is more like it! These Choose Your Own Adventure Dates – one at home and one for a night out – come with everything you need to have a fun a memorable night with your special someone. The Date Night Jar might be something to consider if you find yourselves doing the same “dinner and a movie” routine and want to add some fun and variety to your dating!