Last year, I attempted an activity advent calendar with Little Monkey, but being eight months pregnant, helping with wedding preparation, and chasing my two year old didn’t leave a whole lot of time for putting it all together and carrying on with it. THIS YEAR, this year it’s up and ready to go! Christmas fun, watch out! Here we come!
Woohoo! Now I just have to keep my kiddos at bay until the 1st!
Here’s the How
1. Envelopes (4 1/8×9 1/2 inches is the size I used)
2. Paper Cutter
3. Advent Activities (Print mine out HERE – free printable)
4. Number Labels (If you’re interested email me. I haven’t decide if I want to give them out as a freebie yet or not… they took A LOT of work and time)
5. Stapler and Staples (mine were green and silver – fun!)
6. Twine, jute or string of some kind.
7. Wall anchors or hooks
8. Clothes pins
1. Print out your advent activities. Follow the link above for a free download of our activities. Some of them will need to be changed (my son’s pre-school teacher’s name, for example) or adjusted. There are more than 24 activities so you can pick and choose what you want to do. You can find the Snowman Bowling printables on this post – scroll to the bottom of the post to find the link.
2. Cut the envelopes in half vertically and seal them.
3. Cut out the activities and cut out the number labels.
4. Slide each activity into one of the envelopes.
5. Use the stapler to attach the number labels to the envelopes. Make sure you don’t staple the activities inside the envelop. I used them to place my staples so the advent activities will stay upright better inside the envelop.
6. Cut your jute or other sting. Hang the wall anchors on the wall. Tie the sting to the anchors.
7. Use the clothes pins to hang the envelopes.
If you’d like to get more While He Was Napping, you can find me here: