This idea isn’t original, but it’s one of our favorites to do. Ship the kiddos off to the sitter’s and enjoy the evening at home with your sweetheart. I have heard complaints from people that they just can’t see the sense in parting with money for the sitter when they are just staying home. I promise THIS will be soo worth it. If you have the opportunity, arrange for the kids to stay over-night. It’ll be a night to remember. Take a trip to the spa without ever leaving home.
Here’s the How:
1) Arrange for someone to watch the kids. If you can’t find a sitter, you can minimize this date to exclude dinner.
2) Do any shopping you need to do. Get some yummy bubble bath, a facial mask, body scrub, lotion, massage oil, body butter, foot scrub, bath salts, scented rose petals or any other bathy things you want. If you’re doing dinner, get any ingredients you may need. Dinner, however, is not the focus of this date. Go simple.
3) Invite your sweetie to get a little R&R with you. You don’t have to spill the beans on the whole evening, but let your honey know you’ve made plans and you’d like them to join you.
4) The night of your date, set up the bathroom all pretty (maybe even clean it?!?) Candles could add a nice touch. If you have decided to have champagne or sparkling cider set that out in a bucket of ice to chill. Get out the fluffiest, most luxurious towels you have. Pull out the bathrobes. Put a set of clean sheets on the bed. Get real fancy and put chocolates on the pillows and roses in a vase. Get dinner going so that it will be done around the time your sweetie gets home from work.
5) Invite your sweetheart to come in and unwind with a drink (your choice of beverage). Get dinner all set out and enjoy a meal together. Take your time. RELAX!
6) After dinner, lead your lover to the bedroom. Instruct them to disrobe and put on the bathrobe. Go and run a hot bath with all the good stuff. Bring in your sweetie and enjoy a bath together. Take your time and RELAX. Sense a theme yet?
7) After your soak in the tub, take turns giving each other massages. Use the lotion as a moisturizer after your bath. If fairness is an issue, set a time limit. After you are finished, cuddle up and watch a movie or read together. Here it comes: JUST RELAX and enjoy each other and your evening.
If you are interested in purchasing the digital items of this kit, let me know and I’ll make a reserved listing for you in my Etsy Shoppe. It comes complete with detailed instructions, the invitation, and a pamphlet for your spa.