Another of my favorite things about summer is getting together with friends and family. BBQ’s, birthday parties, backyard campfires, girls’ nights, movie nights, and all kinds of fun get-togethers make the best summer memories.
THE BEST MEMORIES DON’T INCLUDE RUNNING OUT OF TOILET PAPER
But all those get-togethers means lots of people… Who need lots of food, drinks and toilet paper. Luckily, you can get all those things at Walmart. At select locations, online ordering and grocery pick up can save you even more time! They’ll gather everything for you and bring it right to your car when you come to pick it up. You get the great prices without dragging the kids grocery shopping. Total score! Check to see if grocery pick up is available in your area!
WHY COTTONELLE MEGA ROLLS ARE RIGHT FOR MY FAMILY
Hosting all these fun parties and changing all those toilet paper rolls makes me really thankful for Cottonelle Mega Rolls, because each roll is equal to 4 standard rolls of toilet paper and that means fewer times I have to change the empty tube. Every time I changed a roll recently, it reminded me of the rain stick I made back in 4th grade. I started collecting those cardboard tubes so I could make some fun noise maker rain sticks with my boys. Anything noisy is a hit with my kids.
We don’t have Walmart grocery pick up in our area yet, so I still have to take my little guys in and gather my own groceries. Luckily, they are getting big enough to help out finally. And right now, there’s an Ibotta rebate on the Cottonelle toilet paper. I love when I can save money on things I have to buy for my family already.
TOILET PAPER TUBE OR BEST MOM EVER?
When I told my boys we were going to use these tubes to create noise makers, you’d have thought I told them they had free reign in a candy store. They went crazy! It’s nice to score cool mom points on easy stuff like this. These noise maker rain sticks are great for parties, dress up boxes, celebrations, and they make a fun learning activity too! Ready to score some cool mom points of your own?
- Empty toilet paper tubes
- 1 3/8″ finish nails
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
- Colored duct tape or cardstock
- Push pin
- Filler material (we used both rice and dried beans. But other ideas include small beads, dried peas, and small pebbles. We experimented with the different sounds different fillers would make.)
- Use the pencil and trace around the end of the toilet paper tube to make 2 circles that will cap the ends of the tube.
- Cut the circles out with the scissors.
- Hot glue one circle to one end of the tube.
- Use the push pin to poke holes in the side of the toilet paper tube in 3 or 4 layers.
- Poke a finish nail into each push pin hole.
- Put 1/8 – 1/4 cup of your chosen filler material in the tube. You can experiment with how much filler to use by placing your hand over the open end and turning the tube upside down to hear what it will sound like.
- Hot glue the other cardstock circle over the open end of the tube.
- Cover the tube with colored duct tape or cardstock. You can decorate with markers, stickers, or adhesive foam if desired.
CREATE A TON OF FUN WITH YOUR NOISE MAKER
Use your rain sticks to create your own rain storm. Or use your rain sticks as maracas. Add them to your dress up stash. Whatever you decide to do with your noise maker rain sticks, just have fun.
Don’t forget to check and see if Walmart has grocery pick up in your area!