This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
Breakfast has long been touted as “the most important meal of the day” and I’m pretty sure it’s the one my boys love the most. We love to enjoy a good family breakfast on Saturday mornings, but during the week our morning are much more frenzied in the morning rush to get Big J and Mr. Napping out the door. Which leaves me to fend for myself with my other two sharks, I mean hungry boys. Since high school, I have often reached for Carnation Breakfast Essentials® to start my morning off right. From the time I was rushing out the door to high school to shooing my husband and son off for the day 15 years later, Carnation Breakfast Essentials® have been there for me.
My morning routine consists of getting my oldest off to school, sending the love of my life off to work and then tackling the morning chores while my youngest two children eat breakfast. I like to get the chores done while they are eating for two reasons: 1) They actually let me do the chores when they are distracted by their own food and 2) it leaves me time help them with their chores and to play with them when they finish. The biggest problem with that is it leaves me no time for my own breakfast. And this is where Carnation Breakfast Essentials® saves me! I can join my little ones at the table as they finish up their breakfasts and not have to rush to eat my food while it’s hot or hurry before they loose patience and throw a tantrum. And I still start my day satisfied, not hungry. So how is Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powder a good solution for your family? These grab-and-go Cranberry Chocolate Muffins, made with the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Rich Chocolate powder, will fill you up and leave you ready to face the day on those busy mornings. And you can start your day off on a nutritious note; each muffin is only 176 calories and 15.4 grams of sugar!
CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
Serves: 1 dozen muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 packet Rich Milk Chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup 1% milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat the over to 350ºF.
- I mixed my muffins up in my stand mixer so I just combined everything all at once and let it mix for three minutes.
- If you don't have a stand mixer, start by mixing together the flour, oats, soda, Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powder, and the cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- Add in the coconut oil, eggs, applesauce and milk.
- Add the cranberries and mix until well combined.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray the liners. Fill the liners ¾ of the way full.
- Top each muffin with about a tablespoon of Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cupcakes.
- When cupcakes are done, remove from oven, cool 5 minutes and remove from the muffin pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
You can soak the rolled oats in the milk for 5-10 minutes to make them softer and not as dry. The oats will also soften if you store the muffins in a sealed container for at least 12 hours before you eat them.
These muffins are such a great grab-and-go option when I’m rushing out the door too! Are your breakfasts less than awesome? Well, Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is encouraging everyone to eat a better breakfast. This is something my family – and more specifically, me – has plenty of room to improve upon. Carnation wants you and your family to take the 7-Day Breakfast Challenge and enjoy a nutritious breakfast every day for 7 days. Can you handle that? We’re taking the 7-Day Breakfast Challenge. We’re going to do better with our breakfasts and I will eat breakfast with my family! Every day! For a whole week! Join us and complete your own 7-Day Breakfast Challenge too.
Right now, you can enter the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Sweepstakes when you complete simple breakfast missions through the end of February! Ready to get started? Follow these easy steps:
1. Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
2. Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
3. Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
4. Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
Super easy, right guys?! And those prizes! A Fitbit? A GoPro? That’s cool stuff! Carnation Breakfast Essentials® has been there for me for the past 15 years and I’m not about to change that. If it’s not broken, don’t fix it, right?! Carnation Breakfast Essentials® works for me and my family.
I grabbed my Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Rich Chocolate powder and the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Ready-to-Drink Bottles in French Vanilla – my all time favorite flavor – at Walmart in the breakfast aisle in the grocery department. Grab your own Carnation Breakfast Essentials® products at Walmart and come enter that great sweepstakes for a chance at those awesome prizes! You can also find Carnation Breakfast Essentials® on Facebook so you’ll never miss another awesome breakfast idea! How will you use Carnation Breakfast Essentials®?