Caramel and apple is one of my favorite fall flavor combinations. The sweet, crisp apples and the delectable caramel, what’s not to love? Maybe the stickiness, but that just doesn’t seem to bother me when I’ve got that delicious combination tickling my taste buds. These caramel apple nachos are one of our go-to snacks after school. They are just sweet enough to be a treat, but are still mostly fruit. I also love being able to adjust the amount of caramel and chocolate on them.
CARAMEL APPLE NACHOS
– 1-2 Apples • I love green Granny Smith apples or Galas
– Caramel sauce • make your own or use your favorite ice cream sundae topping
– Chocolate sauce • I like a thicker hot fudge
– Cutting board
– Nuts, if desired
– Core and slice your apples into thin slices with the knife.
– Layer the apple slices on your plate.
– Drizzle caramel sauce on the apples.
– Drizzle chocolate sauce on the apples.
– Chop up the nuts, if you want nuts.
– Sprinkle over the apples.
Serve and enjoy!
Check out the video to see just how easily this comes together. It is super simple and always a yummy treat.
The caramel and chocolate will start to soak into the apples the longer they sit. I like it that way, it’s like caramel infused apple slices; but, it doesn’t look quite as pretty. So, keep that in mind if you are thinking about serving them for a party or something.
Speaking of parties, I like to do this as a caramel apple bar of sorts when we have people over. Let your guests start with apple slices and build their own nachos. Everyone gets what they want and how much they want.
Topping ideas we love:
– mini marshmallows
– white chocolate chips
– cinnamon and brown sugar
– chopped nuts
– whipped cream