This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias K-Y® LOVE
I am a huge believer in Date Night. Life gets crazy and things can get pushed to the back burner if you don’t make time for them. Even important things. Things like your relationship with your significant other. Relationships take work! Just like a fire, you have to add wood to the flames to keep it going. And a little fire might be just what you need this fall with the cooler temperatures… Kick up the heat and deepen the intimacy with your sweetheart. There is nothing I love more than being able to find the intimacy I’m looking for and reconnecting with my sweetie on a fun date night.
FALL-THEMED DATE NIGHT KIT
with K-Y® LOVE
Mr. Napping and I have had an incredibly busy summer. Of the eight weeks our family was out of school, we spent four of those traveling, in different directions. We had a lot of fun, but we didn’t have a lot of together time. When we were together, it was usually in a family setting and even extended family settings. Date nights and alone time were sporadic at best. I love my kids and they make our family complete; but, I also treasure the relationship I have with their daddy, my husband. In that relationship, I’m more than “mom”. The young adults who, eight years ago, were still discovering the world, themselves and each other are still here. Sometimes, I just want to find that girl who used to stare, starry-eyed into the most beautiful blue eyes I’d ever seen and dream of the future. On date night, I get to find her again.
We aren’t any less busy now, but at least there’s some routine. While we won’t be sneaking away for the weekend anytime soon, I can make sure we have a date night more frequently, even if it’s after the kids are snug in their beds. So, I created a little date night kit for us. Of course, there may be different items you would include in a date night kit for you and your sweetie, but I’ll give you the rundown on what’s in mine. We have fall-inspired snacks, a no-mess pumpkin carving activity, date night music, a game to play together after the kids are asleep and candles to help set the mood. The cooler temperatures are the perfect reason to heat things up a bit and this kit is sure to help that happen!
PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR FALL DATE NIGHT KIT WITH K-Y® LOVE
– K-Y® LOVE Sensuality Pleasure Gel
– K-Y® LOVE Passion Pleasure Gel
– DIY Tower of Love Couple’s Game (see below for details)
– Fall-scented tea light candles, to help set the mood
– Date Night Tunes Playlist
– Foam Pumpkins
– A fun, Fall-inspired snack (caramel apple nachos, pumpkin bread, spice cupcakes, apple slices and dipping caramel, for example).
Looks fun, yeah? I’m super excited to give this to Mr Napping and have a night for just the two of us again. I imagine our date looking something like this: We start off with some great music playing in the background. A playlist just for us with our special songs on it – the song he proposed to at the very beginning. We’ll put our snack together, make up some cider and enjoy some yummy Fall treats. Then we’ll carve our foam pumpkins or use permanent markers to decorate them. After we’ve had a few laughs and some fun, we’ll take our Tower of Love game and the candles somewhere cozy, break out the new K-Y® LOVE Passion Pleasure Gel and see what happens……. Ahhh, sounds pretty magical to me.
DIY TOWER OF LOVE COUPLE’S GAME FOR YOUR DATE NIGHT KIT
Do you love to play games? We do. Shortly after we got married, I made Mr Napping a game and it was a fantastic night. Totally worth the time it took to make it. In our moves and the craziness of life, we have since lost most of the pieces of the game and I have been wanting to make him a new one. I finally did it! Want to create your very own intimate moments game? It’s easy, I’ll show you how.
Before we go any farther though, you should know that this game is meant for you to focus on each other, create a connection and deepen your relationship. The best part of this game is that you can adapt it to fit your specific relationship. Whether your relationship is just getting started, you’ve just gotten a little distracted by life or you want to heat things up in your long-time relationship, you can design this game to fit you and your sweetie. Get as creative and intimate as you’re comfortable with between you and your sweetheart. Okay, ready?!
MAKING YOUR TUMBLING TOWER GAME
– Tumbling Tower Game (you could also make your own blocks if you have access to a saw and don’t mind cutting up a bunch of little blocks)
– Fine tip permanent markers
– Paper and other embellishments (optional, not pictured)*
– Open all the packages. Unwrap the blocks if they are wrapped together and dump them out.
– Use the permanent markers to write on each of the blocks. Write questions, activities and other things that will increase your intimacy with your sweetheart. Depending on the familiarity of your relationship, you can include both things for physical and emotional intimacy or just one of those.
MAKE YOUR TUMBLING TOWER GAME FIT YOUR RELATIONSHIP
If your relationship is still new, you might want to stick with questions and activities that will help you get to know each other. If you’re more seasoned sweeties, you might want to include more intimate questions and activities. Find out things you still might not know about each other. If you are trying to fan those flames and turn up the heat, you may want some physical intimacy activities and questions. You don’t have to write on every block. You can skip some and they will just be like a freebie turn.
– When you have all the blocks you want to write on filled out, restack them back in the case like they came. They are ready to store until you are ready to play.
DRESS UP YOUR GAME CONTAINER
I also chose to embellish the outside of my Tumbling Tower Game and create my own little label for the container. I just used some scrapbook paper and some scrapbooking embellishments on my container. Nothing too fancy, just what I had on-hand. I opted to rename the game as well – “Tumbling Tower” isn’t terribly romantic. You don’t have to do this and it’s totally optional. If you want a more discreet game, not decorating it might work out better for you. It’s completely up to you.
HOW TO PLAY WITH YOUR TUMBLING TOWER GAME
– Stack up the tower according to the directions. Make sure all the writing is facing down toward the top of the table or whatever surface you are playing on. Make sure you alternate the direction of each row as you stack the blocks too.
– Take turns extracting blocks from the tower. You should answer the question or complete the activity on the block and then replace it on the top of the tower.
– Play continues until the tower falls over or until you no longer need to play the game… You can set a reward for the winner before beginning to play or restack the blocks and keep playing until both of you are winners, depending on what your goal for the game is…
THE PERFECT DATE NIGHT KIT WITH K-Y® LOVE
I found my K-Y® products at Walmart. K-Y® LOVE Sensuality Pleasure Gel and K-Y® LOVE Passion Pleasure Gel are are now available! The K-Y® LOVE Sensuality Pleasure Gel was pretty easy to find, but I had to visit three stores before I found the K-Y® LOVE Passion Pleasure Gel. Everyone wants passion, apparently. And who wouldn’t?! So, if you can find that one, you might want to grab it before it’s gone. If you’re looking for more ways to crank up the heat on a chilly night, check out K-Y® Try Something New for ideas to get those fires burning!