The Back to School shopping list can be long and lengthy. Every thing from clothes and shoes, to paper and erasers. If you aren’t careful, it’s easy to end up running all over town. That’s why I rely on Walmart to be my one-stop for back to school shopping. I can find all the crayons, colored pencils and glue on all of my kid’s lists from their teachers. Scissors, notebooks, highlighters, paper, pencils and pens, whatever the item, I know I can find it in one stop.
But the class room isn’t the only place that needs to stock up on supplies during this busy time of year. Don’t forget the things you need at home! The good news is that you still only have to make one stop on your Back to School shopping trip: Walmart has your back!
10 THINGS NOT ON YOUR BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING LIST THAT SHOULD BE
1. Viva Paper Towels. These are amazing for wiping up messes. They are super absorbent and can conquer all the chaos my three boys throw into my life. One thing I really love about Viva paper towels is how soft they are. These are my very favorite paper towels to use as make-shift wipes. They are soft and don’t irritate my kids’ skin. Perfect for spills and accidents, cleaning off counter tops and mirror and for faces, hands, and even noses. The choose-a-size sheets make sure I have just what I need when I need it. And right now, you can score BONUS Box Tops labels on Viva paper towels and earn extra cash for your school!
2. Kleenex Tissues. Sending your children to school means one thing – more germs in your house! We are only on our second week back and already Baby N has a low fever and Big J has complained of a cough. There are just over 20 children in Big J’s classroom and that’s 20 people with germs that might make us sick. Not to mention how many kids play on the same swing or the same slide or use the same computer or read the same book that he might. All those places he could pick up strange germs and bring them back home to us. Sharing is caring, right? Kleenex tissues are gentle on sore noses and are my go-to brand of tissues. Help your kids keep those germs to themselves as much as possibly by using tissues for noses, coughs, and sneezes. Right now, you can stock up for the coming winter months and score some more extra Box Tops labels for your school with Kleenex Back to School tissue packs.
3. Scott Bath Tissue. Little J has started on the journey from diapers to undies. YAHOO! Having two kiddos in diapers is taxing. Some days, it seems all I do is change diapers. And I won’t even mention the cost of that many diapers. Since we’ve added another body to the regular users in our bathrooms, we’ve had to increase our toilet paper stock as well. Scott bath tissue is soft and doesn’t irritate sensitive skin. It’s septic safe and means I don’t have to stress as badly when Little J tries to clean up by himself. And guess what, there’s BONUS Box Tops on Scott products too! Look at all that cash you’re getting for your school!
4. You favorite feminine hygiene products. Back to school means back to running around after my kids. The last thing I want is to be unprepared for that time of the month. A good stock of feminine products is a necessity in every momma’s arsenal so the days will run smoothly and you can keep up with those darling little angels of yours.
5. Wet Wipes. These babies aren’t just for diaper changes, although I use them often for just that. These are so versatile, it would take me forever to list all the ways to use them. On average, we have four packs of wipes open and scattered through out our house. That doesn’t include the ones in the diaper bag or the little pack I keep in the car. Big J’s teacher even requested them on her classroom supplies list this year, and there isn’t a diaper anywhere near her classroom.
6. A good water bottle. All that running leaves little time for you to make sure you’re getting enough water. Take it with you where ever you go and stay hydrated all day long. A tired and dehydrated momma makes life harder for everyone. This is a busy time; don’t forget to take care of yourself.
7. A calendar. Whether you keep your calendar in digital format on your phone or tablet, just can’t give up the paper edition or both, you’re going to want to keep track of all the dates that will be headed your way fast. I have so many calendars, it’s a bit ridiculous; but, I can’t imagine the choas my life would be without them. For your sanity, write it down!
8. Easy to grab snacks. We are often running out the door to somewhere. Some times, I underestimate the time we will be gone. I usually remember to grab snacks for my kids, but grab an extra for yourself. Granola bars, dried fruit, and crackers are some of our favorite grab and go snack options.
9. A good bag. Whether you’re still carrying a diaper bag, have little kids or prefer something light and compact, every momma needs a good bag to carry all the stuff that we carry with us. Decide what’s important to you and then go find it!
10. Good comfy shoes. Regardless of your style, if you’re going to be running around town and chasing after kids all day, you need some reliable footwear to do it in. That’s right, girl. Go shoe shopping!
Whatever you have on your Back to School shopping list, Walmart is your one-stop place to get everything you need. All the things on this list can be found with one stop at Walmart. Don’t waste those precious last days of summer and the hectic first couple weeks of school running all over town, trying to cross all the items off your list. Shop your local Walmart for great prices all in one place.