This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Pregnancy. I know some women who adore being pregnant. Every little flutter, the swollen belly, the endless doctor’s appointments, even the insatiable heartburn are all reminders of that amazing little miracle growing inside of them. I am not one of those women. I do not enjoy being pregnant. It is a miracle, it is amazing, it is always worth it. But I don’t enjoy it. I’ve been incredibly lucky and my pregnancies have all been quite normal. Well, as normal as growing another person can be. We haven’t had extended trouble with becoming pregnant and I haven’t had any restrictions that aren’t given to every pregnant woman once it happens. While my pregnancies haven’t been comfortable, they haven’t been complicated either. I am very grateful for this because not everyone is as blessed as I have been.
I have a friend who is the sweetest woman. She and her husband adopted a little boy last year and this year they are expecting a little pink bundle to join their family. Her journey has been much more difficult than any of mine and, at 23 weeks, she finds herself on bed rest. With a 1.5 year old little boy and a super supportive husband who, unfortunately, works out of state a lot. It’s been a real adjustment for their family. But they are making it work because having that little bundle in their arms at the right time is what matters to them right now. It’s amazing to see the strength they have in this hard time of wait and see, hope and pray.
I wanted to do something for my sweet friend to let her know that I’m here for her and want to help in anyway I can. Since Mother’s Day was on Sunday and her birthday is this week, I wanted to get her a little gift. But there’s only so much you can do on bed rest; and, after nearly a month, I think she’s getting a little restless. So I decided a “Waiting for Baby” Bed Rest Gift Basket might just be what she needed.
WAITING FOR BABY
BED REST GIFT BASKET
Things I included in my gift basket:
I headed to Wal-Mart to get a few things for my gift basket. I knew I could count on Wal-Mart making it easy to find all the things I needed in one stop.
– Books. I love to read and, being stuck in bed seems to provide more time for that. I included a few different types of books. A historical fiction novel, a fiction mystery novel, a book of short stories and a motivational book. Hopefully, my friend will find something in that mix that she’ll enjoy and can help her pass the time waiting on her little one to grow a little more.
– A manicure kit and a couple of new nail polishes. Something to keep her hands busy and make them look pretty. I know certain grooming practices suffer when I’m pregnant… uhm, I can barely reach my legs, let alone shave them with any kind of efficiency. Her hands should stay within easy reach for the remainder of her pregnancy and keeping nails trimmed will help her keep from cutting up the pages of all those books I just mentioned. Maybe her sweet husband will even indulge her with a coat of paint on her toes too.
– Hand lotion. For after her manicure of course. What better way to finish off a mani than with some yummy smelling lotion that feels great too?!
– Popcorn and candy. A couple bags of my favorite microwave popcorn, a couple chocolate bars and some fun size bars of her favorite candy so she can enjoy just a couple or indulge in a marathon. I meant movie marathon, of course…
– Personalized Coca-Cola name bottles. You can’t have popcorn and candy without a Coke! Coca-Cola is at it again with their Share a Coke campaign, which means personalized name bottles are BACK! I knew this was one of the things I wanted to put in my gift basket. Things are just cooler when they have your name on them. The displays at Wal-Mart were organized and made finding my products easy. And there was a huge variety so even less common names, like mine (Krista), can be found on bottles too. So start looking for yours! And one to share with a friend!
– iTunes gift card. Whether she wants to get a new book, a new movie, a few new apps or games to play on her iPad or iPhone, this will make sure she has something she’ll enjoy close at hand.
– I threw in a 2 liter bottle of Coke for them to share on an at-home date night too. It’s got a fun spot to write the family’s name on it! So much fun sharing these bottles! I didn’t write their name on the bottle for the photos because I wanted to respect their privacy… and because I didn’t want you to laugh at my handwriting. Is it actually possibly to write pretty around a bottle?!
– Small notebook. Most of these pages are blank. I did have a few friends write her some notes of love and encouragement. Hopefully she can keep those and re-read them on days that are especially long and hard and know that she has a whole bunch of people who love her and are cheering her on through this hard time. The rest of the pages she can use as she pleases. Maybe as a pregnancy journal or a small baby book. Maybe to write letters to her sweet little girl while she’s waiting so anxiously for her to arrive. Maybe just to doodle in when she is bored in the middle of her next Netflix binge. Whatever she uses it for, hopefully it will be of some help. Even if it’s only in passing the time.
Did I miss anything? What would you want in a bed rest gift basket to help you survive?
Do you have any friends on bed rest right now? Or maybe you just want a personalized Coke? Then check out Wal-Mart for the widest and most organized selection of Coca-Cola personalized 20 oz bottles and #shareyoursummer with Coca-Cola.
Head over and check out all the fun ways you can Share a Coke this summer and join in the conversation! Or check and see if you can find your name on a Coke! You can check out this list of Walmart stores of where you can find a large quantity of personalized Coca Cola bottles to share with someone this Summer! If your store is not on the list, they will still have personalized bottles, just not as many as the ones that are on the list.