This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhereFunBegins #CollectiveBias
Summer is coming! We have had AAHH-mazing weather the past week or so and, with our backyard landscaping almost done, we have been loving being outside more! Big J was home sick last week and even he spent some time outside. It was just too perfect not to! I am super excited to be able to start hosting backyard BBQ parties and s’mores nights. And that’s just where fun begins… We did a fun plastic bottle upcycle that will get the kids helping out in the yard too!
SunnyD Plastic Bottle Upcycle to Watering Can
– Empty SunnyD 6.75oz bottle
– Washi Tape
– Push Pin
– Glue or Tape (to help seal the washi tape)
1. Begin your plastic bottle upcycle by washing out the bottle the lid. Dry the outside of the bottle off. Remove the label.
2. Start at the top and wrap your washi tape around the bottle. Pull it tight and press out the creases as you go.
3. Repeat step 2 with each layer of washi tape until you reach the bottom of the bottle.
4. Seal the washi tape with a layer of glue. I used Elmer’s Glue-All. It’s not water-proof, but it’s water resistant once dry.
5. Use the push pin to poke holes in the lid of the bottle. Placement doesn’t really matter all that much. Make fun designs if you want. I didn’t. But I might have to make more with fun designs…
6. When the glue is dry, fill the bottle with water and put the lid back on.
That’s it. Easy peasy, and there’s your plastic bottle upcycle. You will have to squeeze the bottle to get the water to come out, which has it’s pros and cons. I really like that I can send my kids out to water the flowers with one of these and they won’t completely drown them. They work well in water fights and in the bathtub too! Just saying…
Want to try your own plastic bottle upcycle into a watering can? Here’s the details… I found my 24-pack of SunnyD at Sam’s Club in super convenient 6.75 ounce bottles, perfect individual size servings for play dates, outings, lunches and picnics. And for giving the flowers a drink. And right now (through the first week in August) they are on Rollback for $5.38! You might find the new 24-packs on a featured endcap, but I found mine in the refrigerated section.
SunnyD is perfect for summer fun. Whether it’s at the pool, a backyard BBQ, or a fun trip to the park, SunnyD will keep you going from one fun sunshiny day to the next. It’s a great alternative to soda at your gatherings with friends and family. I loved SunnyD as a kid and it’s so much fun to be able to share it now with my own kids. Check out more fun with SunnyD – where fun begins! Which one is your favorite?