Yesterday, I told you about the fight Mr Napping and I had in the middle of a mall not too long after we got married and how we have learned to prevent unnecessary arguments. I had intended to share this recipe with that post, but that post just kept creeping further and further down the page and the scroll bar was uncomfortably small. So, today we’re going to be delving into a deliciously tasty treat to share while you’re not fighting or in case you ever need a peace offering. This is pretty much perfection in a bowl. It’s movie-perfect popcorn and you don’t have to juggle it and your box of candy, it’s all right there in one convenient, incredibly delicious little perfect popcorn package. Seriously, this Snickers satisfies the munchies big time. And, really, can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter?
THE PERFECT POPCORN:
SNICKERS PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE
It says it takes 1 hour 10 mins of prep time. Actually it takes about 10 mins of prep time and about an hour of set time. But check out the notes if you’re too impatient to wait a whole hour. There are definitely ways to speed up the set process. And this makes a bunch, we’re talking my family of five can watch a movie with it and have our peanut butter chocolaty fill.
Serves: Approximately 16 cups of popped popcorn
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup peanut butter and chocolate chips - I found an 11oz bag of Toll House brand chips in the baking aisle at Wal-Mart and they were fabulous
- 4 Snickers Peanut Butter squares
- Pop the corn kernels and lay them out on a large cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Chop the Snickers Peanut Butter squares into coarse pieces and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the chips on high for 30 seconds. Stir the chips and melt in additional 15 second intervals until they are smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the melted chips to a zip top bag. Push it all into one corner and snip off the tip of the bag.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn. Let set for about an hour. You can speed up the setting process by putting the pan in the fridge or in a cold garage.
- Once the chocolate is set, break the popcorn apart and transfer to a large bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
And if you’re looking for an entertaining read to eat some popcorn with, don’t forget to check out the mall brawl from yesterday. Okay, okay, calling it a ‘brawl’ might get your hopes up… but it’s still a funny story.