Baby N had his first birthday on Monday. I’m not sure exactly what happened to the previous year, but the calendar says that it has passed. It’s been a fun year, for the most part, and my little baby is much more a boy than a baby now. And this we had to celebrate. Grandma and Grandpa even flew in to meet Baby N for the first time! We definitely needed a celebration and what better way than with some incredibly cute and (beyond super) easy marbled cupcakes?! These are incredibly easy and the results turn out great. While I enjoy making cakes, I’m not terribly skilled at it. These were perfect! I decorated the tops with monkeys and palm/banana trees; which turned out really cute, but I’ll show you that later this week.
HOW TO CREATE MARBLED CUPCAKES
Serves: 2 dozen cupcakes
- 1½ c white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2¼ c white flour
- 1¼ c milk
- ¾ cup butter (1½ sticks)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 4 tbs cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream sugar and butter with a mixer.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder
- Add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in milk until batter is smooth.
- Split batter in half and add the cocoa to one of the bowls. Mix well.
Line cupcake pans with liners.
- Place a dollop of white batter in each cupcake liner with a spoon. It doesn't have to cover the entire bottom of the liner.
- Put a dollop of chocolate batter in on top of and next to the white batter in each liner.
- Repeat until the liners are ¾ full.
- Turn the preheated oven down to 325F and bake for 20-25 mins
Don’t forget to check out how to make cute monkeys and palm trees to decorate your cupcakes! It’s super easy and anyone can do it!