The last part of our Big Hero 6 party was a viewing of the movie. Most of our guests hadn’t seen the movie before. And what’s a movie without popcorn? Not much of a movie, in my opinion. I’ve always wanted to have a popcorn bar, so I seized the chance when it came up with our Big Hero 6 party and I am so glad I did. It was so fun, the kids loved it and I’ve been having my own little mini popcorn bars after the boys go to bed at night for about a week and a half now. The best part: it was super easy to put together.
BIG HERO 6 PARTY
– Popcorn (You can choose to do air popped or microwave, whatever your preference)
– Popcorn Season’s (I was super fancy and used several of Kernel Season’s blends, they were perfect and soo easy! You could make your own – and I had plans to do so – but this is definitely a great alternative and a lot easier. P.S. That link is an amazon affiliate link.)
– Popcorn toppings (think movie theater candy faves – junior mints and swedish fish are my favorites)
– Containers to put all your goodies in. I used red bowls I already had for some of the popcorn toppings. I found red and purple ramekins at Dollar Tree that were perfect for some of the topping that I wanted to limit the quantities on (mostly for the kids). I also got salt and pepper shaker sets at Dollar Tree.
– Chocolate Pro Electric Melting Pot (amazon affiliate link) or small crock pot
– Brown paper bags
– Permanent marker
Pretty much all you have to do is set everything out, buffet-style, ready to eat. My favorite was the butter. Weird, I know. It worked really well to put it in my Chocolate Pro on warm. It stayed melted and it was quick and easy to make refills on popcorn.
We had brown paper bags to put the popcorn in that we wrote each kiddo’s name on a Baymax sticker that I just printed up. They worked really well, except they were kind of loud during the movie. It didn’t bother me that much – I have the movie practically memorized at this point and I’m used to ignoring the background noise of children, hehe. Mr Napping commented on it though. We only had two little boys dump the bags out, Little J being one of them. Silly boys. It wasn’t anything the vacuum couldn’t make quick work of before bed though.
The popcorn bar was my very favorite part of our party. We will be doing more movie nights this summer. I’m hopeful we can do at least a couple outside! The popcorn bar will be making more appearances at our house. It was easy, it was delicious and it was the perfect way to end our night and the party.