This recipe is super easy, incredibly delicious, and the perfect alternative to the same old cookie you always make. At our house, that would be chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal being a pretty close second. I wanted to have cookies made when Big J got home from his first week of school (that was always one of our first week of school traditions we did growing up… even my first year in college. It was awesome). I made just over two dozen and I think there were less than a dozen and a half when Big J actually got home. Whoops, sorry Buddy. If you’re a lemon-lover and looking for an easy and delish cookie recipe, this one is worth a try.
– Lemon Cake Mix
– Ingredients on the back of the box
– 1-2 cups Flour
– Mix up the cake mix as directed on the back of the box. I will usually substitute 1/2 the oil with applesauce. It’s a little healthier, makes the cookies a little more dense and totally optional.
– Add 1-2 cups of flour, a half cup at a time, until the batter is thick and cookie-like. It may still be a little sticky, but that’s okay. It makes a moist cookie.
– Bake at 350F on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 8-12 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.
– 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened (approximately 4 oz)
– 2 cups Powdered Sugar
– 1/2 cup Butter
– 2 tsp Raspberry Extract
– 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
– Mix all ingredients at low-medium speed with an electric mixer until combined and smooth.
– Top cooled cookies with icing. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks, if they last that long.