Welcome to Day 1 of my unofficial oatmeal cookie week. Because… cookies for a whole week? Yes, please.
Oatmeal cookies just shout “AUTUMN” to me… I don’t really know why. Oatmeal is also a lactation-boost; so, there’s that going for me too. I figured it was a win-win. That’s right, all those cookies I’m inhaling are for the baby. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Don’t worry, they are still delicious, even if you don’t make more milk.
I took the classic oatmeal raisin cookie and added a bit of chocolate… That’s right. Yum.
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
Serves: 2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ Tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Combine oats and milk in a bowl and let set.
- Combine the sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the butter and eggs. Combine.
- Fold in the milk and oats until evenly mixed.
- Add raisins and chocolate chips. Mix into batter.
- Drop 1 inch balls onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.