This recipe is similar to the Eclair Cake I posted last June. It’s simple, delicious and a crowd-pleaser. Who can say no to Oreo pudding, chocolate and whipped topping? That’s what I thought…
– 2 (4.2 oz) instant Oreo Cookies & Cream pudding mix
– 1 can of milk chocolate frosting
– 1 tub (8 oz) of whipped topping (cool whip)
– 2 1/4 cups of milk
– Approximately 1 box of chocolate graham crackers
– Mix the pudding mix, whipped topping and milk in a bowl until combined. Don’t whip it, but it should be mixed well.
– Layer graham crackers on the bottom of a 9×13″ baking pan.
– Top with a layer of the pudding mix. Use about a third to half of it, depending on how many layers you want. I like three layers of crackers.
– Lay down another layer of crackers on top of that.
– Repeat the layers until you are out of pudding.
– Microwave the can of frosting in 30 second intervals until it is melted and runny. Try not to overheat it, as it will get a little grainy if you do. I usually only do 1 minute total.
– Pour the melted frosting onto the top layer of crackers.
– Refrigerate overnight for best results. If you don’t have time to let it sit overnight, you can dip each of the crackers in milk before you put it in the pan and then let it sit for 4-6 hours.
Enjoy. Serves 24-30. Refrigerate any leftovers.
This is quite rich and smaller pieces are definitely not a bad idea. Seconds are definitely a possibility though… enjoy!