Okay, by now I’m sure you’ve noticed a bit of a reoccurring theme with my Halloween posts this year… yeah? If not, I’ll give you a hint: Witches. Okay, not really a hint. Sorry. Well, I’m almost ready to reveal the whole table display, but first I have to add the finishing touches.
This is a simple little project, but finishes off my display quite nicely. Take a look:
– Pillow batting (I just bought a cheap set of 2 pillows for $5 at Wal-Mart and unstuffed half of one of the pillows)
– Glow Sticks (Dollar Tree)
– Plastic Cauldron (On clearance at Wa-Mart last November)
– Stuff the pillow batting into the cauldron and fluff until it looks “steam-like”. I didn’t, but you could try hair spray or fabric stiffener to make the batting “rise” out of the cauldron a bit more.
– Break the glow sticks and position inside the batting. Close to the outside of the batting but not so close you can see the actual shape of the glow sticks. Play with it. It will partly depend on the thickness of your batting. My glow stick ended up having a crack in it and the glowy liquid spilled on the batting. It turned out pretty cool as you could spread the glow around and not worry about the glow stick showing; but if you’ve got kids around, it might be safer to keep the glow sticks intact.
That’s it! Super easy and it looks great. The photo doesn’t do it justice. Guess that’s what I get for trying to take a dark photo at mid-day…