Today, Jillian from Mom’s Cup of Ambition is here to share a delicious recipe with us. I do some very basic canning and making of jam and love it. I will definitely have to remember this delicious recipe for future use! So, here’s Jillian:
Mango Mint Freezer Jam Homemade jam is delicious – unlike most of the stuff you buy in the store it actually tastes like fruit. This mango mint freezer jam is a good one to keep in mind because it’s super easy, and it isn’t season dependent like many fruit and berry based jams. You can enjoy it as a spread, give it as a gift, or use it as a topping over yogurt.
I use Ball brand freezer jam containers when I make this, but you can use anything that is freezer safe. This recipe makes two 8 oz (1/2 pint) containers of jam, but it scales very well if you’d like to make more. When you fill your containers, make sure to leave room for the jam to expand – a half inch is a good rule of thumb.
– 1 2/3 cups frozen, chopped mango, defrosted
– 2/3 cups granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons instant pectin
– 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
– In a large bowl, mix the sugar and pectin together.
– Crush the mango using a potato masher, and add it to the sugar and pectin. Stir for three minutes.
– Add the mint and stir to incorporate.
– Ladle the fruit mixture into clean freezer safe jars. Let the jam stand for 30 minutes before serving.
– At this point you can refrigerate your jam for up to three weeks, or freeze it for up to a year.